Or I want to,want to try new things.
So I started a bucket list.
A bucket list is basically a list of things that are supposed to be accomplished or attempted before a person dies.
But my list will be a list that I want to accomplish by the ripe old age of thirty. Because you know thirty might as well equal death.
I've said I don't like change.
But it's mostly change dealing with losing people. Physically or emotionally. That kind of change I could do without.
I don't really know what one has to do with the other, but whatever.
(Maybe because wanting to try new things is like changing who you are)
Regardless, I feel like my life is at a stand still right now. And watching paint dry is more entertaining than what's going on with me.
So I'm going to try new things.
The special education teacher I work with, at my new job, plays the guitar.And keeps one in the classroom. I asked her if she would teach me. And she agreed. All I have to do now is set up a schedule.
Along with learning how to play the guitar, here's the rest of the list: (of course more will be added accordingly)
- Go to Egypt and study Arabic.
- Learn how to play the piano.
- Become fluent in sign language.
- Get on a plane (Yeah, thats right, I've never been on a plane)
- Fulfill a promise made to C.C. on her 20th birthday,including but not limited to traveling to England.
- Go sky diving
- Bungee jump!
- Visit the seven wonders of the Ancient world (or what's left of them, or where they used to be located) and Modern world.
- Buying my parents,each, a ticket to Hajj (also known as one of the five pillars of Islam.If Muslims are financially and physically capable, they must perform the pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia and perform various rituals)
- Build a school/Open up a school. (It might be hard to do this by the age of thirty, so I'll aim for forty)
- Travel, at least once, to each of the fifty states in the U.S. of A.
- Write and have a published book/memoir.
Whatever, I know some of them seem very unlikely, but God willing, I will do it.
Any who, do you have a bucket list? What's on it?
Or if you had one, what would you put on it?