Saturday, September 13, 2008

Men in the game are blind to what men looking on see clearly.

Today I'm in a contemplative mood, maybe its the non-stop rain thats gotten me this way. Anyways, I found something which struck a resonance in me and I wished to share it with someone:

“Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace.”

Charles Sumner (American Statesman and Abolitionist dedicated to human equality during the American Civil War period. 1811-1874)

I wonder when the leaders of the world will step back and recognize the extent to which their actions and decisions affect the common man.

2 comments:

controlled chaos said...

nice..very nice

Farnnay said...

In one of my political science classes someone once made a brilliant suggestion. They said that we should just put the leaders of nations who have beef with another leader in another nation in a boxing ring/wrestling ring and just have them fight out their problems. Why should innocent people have to die and fight for another man's problems?