Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm a cry-baby.

I lost my favorite dupatta {or it lost me}, so I got a little sad.
I lost my favorite cluth purses, so I got even sadder. {thank God I found one, the other is suspected to be in America} Now as I was brushing my hair, I found that I've lost an earring.

It's time I stop crying. What are these things? They're really nothing. Yeah, it's pretty and makes me happy it's mine. But aside from that..it's nothing! It doesn't help me out or do anything for me. This world and everything in it is just a means to the Hereafter and won't be there later on {Unless I special request it when I get to Heaven; if I make it Heaven that is..Or I think everything in Heaven will be so much prettier that everything on Earth will look like crap.} I get really materialistic at times. Just gotta remember: Wasn't I just as happy before I bought whatever it is I lost? MmmmHmm. And has anything changed now that I've lost it? Not really. Oh and I'm not saying go around looking like a peasant or anything. Carry yourself well but within your means. It's doable. And remember not to cry if it's gone.

THIS will help me later on. It's reward is super pretty and doesn't even get lost ;) :

When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: ongoing
charity, beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child
who will pray for him
.” (Muhammad, peace be upon him, At Tarmidhi)

2 comments:

Farnnay said...

Crying frequently for little things does not make you a cry baby. I would know. I cry. alot. and I am NOT a cry baby. I'm just an emotional wreck sometimes. There's a difference.

controlled chaos said...

you're not a cry baby.
you and CA just become emotional over stuff