No one's posted in a while.
I've been waiting for a post by Snake Charmer to go up.
But it's just sitting there. Saved in drafts. I figured it's never going to go up and I want to post.
And to our followers, we have a surprise for you guys tomorrow. So make sure to come check our blog tomorrow.
MAKE SURE TO COME TOMORROW.
You won't regret it. Or you might. But I don't think you will. And that's all that matters.
Anyways, I have a couple of things to say,
1. THIS is a GROUP blog. Not an individual blog owned by just Constructive Attitude(a.k.a CA). Even though it seems like that since she's the one the comments mostly on other people's blogs . (promise I comment from time to time). And my name is Controlled Chaos a.k.a CC. And ANY award that you got is from ALL of us, not just the person that wrote the post!!!
2. Yes, I agree the rest of us authors pretty much suck for not commenting more on your blog (But PROMISE I do it...) You can hate on them (or me) in my comments.
3. If you're kinda new to this blog and want to understand the authors on here, please click on this VERY supercalifragilisticespialladocious link. But be warned, something will jump out at you when you click it.
4. I'm getting annoyed with how we refer to ourselves or each other with our initials.
So I'm going to rename myself as -she-who-must-not-be-named-ever. And I'm going to rename CA (your favorite author) as -she-who-also-must-not-be-named-ever-except-maybe-as-CC's-secretary-/-vice-president
5. Before CA started her crazy job as a full time teacher, she would be like my secretary. She made sure I remembered people's birthdays, that I stayed on task, helped me with all my crazy projects I would start (like this blog) etc etc. She became /vice-president because she demanded I give her the title or she would quit her job.
6. Nothing is going to jump out at you from the link in number 3. Except maybe a reason to quit this blog.
7. Let's hope not.
8. I'm going to write a mini, more serious post below:
As you guys might have gathered, this is the Islamic month of Ramadan. Basically we also follow the Islamic calendar which is based on the lunar calendar. It is also made up of 12 months, but has 354 or 355 days. Ramadan is one of them.
During the month of Ramadan, Muslims fast from dawn till dusk. Fasting means, no drinking, no eating, no smoking, and no other stuff. Your also supposed to stay away from evil thoughts and cursing.
Our holy book, the Quran, was revealed during this month.
And so we increase our worship during this month, during the nights and days. There are extra prayers, and people try improving themselves. Many of us refrain from time wasting activities that we normally do, like watching the television, because one is supposed to use that time for better things. And Ramadan is the best time to get into those better habits.
The hunger or thirst we feel during the day is supposed to teach us humbleness. So we know what it is like for a poor person to go hungry. Granted most of us can never truly understand, but it is still very insightful. We are also supposed to learn self-discipline and controlling our desires. Not being able to eat that cookie, even though no one else is watching. Not watching your favorite show, even though it's just 30 minutes from your entire day.
And more importantly it's simply to get closer to God, cleansing your sins, and enhancing yourself spiritually. A good deed holds a lot more weight.
And we break our fast at sunset (called Iftar), usually with a date or water. And have our dinner. There's also a tradition of eating a pre-dawn meal (called Suhoor), but once the time for the pre-dawn prayer (fajr) starts, your fasting must begin.
There are instances where you are exempted from fasting, like when one is sick, pregnant, nursing or traveling.
If you accidentally eat while fasting, you keep fasting.
If you break it on purpose then it's much more serious. To make up for that fast you broke on purpose you have to A. Fast for an extra 60 consecutive days or B. Feed and cloth 60 needy people.
105432. I have nothing more to say other than I did not mess up with the numbers. I just always wanted to use a ridiculously large number on a list.