Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I love soup.

Especially potato soup, probably because I love potatoes so much. Anyways so it's cold, and i've been craving potato soup and clam chowder but i'm too lazy to try making clam chowder so i'm going to make warm, creamy potato soup! It's actually really easy to make so I thought I would share :).


Ingredients
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic
2 lbs. potatoes, diced
4 cups broth (chicken, turkey or vegetable)
1 cup milk or cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cheddar cheese for topping if desired

In a large stock pot over medium heat, saute onions and garlic in 2 tbsp. oil until soft. Add diced potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove from heat and add milk or cream. Pour the soup into a blender to blend until you reach a consistency you want, I like it lumpy. Salt and pepper to taste and voila! You have very simple potato soup!

5 comments:

Mrs. Cullen said...

i didn't know u love soup. soup is so my thing. i heart soup

Farnnay said...

I dont like soup. but this potato soup sounds good.

and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee potatoes!!!!!

Artistic Logic said...

delicious!!! yummmm
im going to try this

Sana said...

I lvoe potatoes and I love soup. Thank you!!!

controlled chaos said...

just wanted to say
we made this soup this past weekend. And at first it just tasted like chicken broth (didn't pay attention to the measurements) so i added two more potatoes ( i microwaved them to soften em) and a bunch of milk
and it tasted like potato soup!
haha
i'm done