Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world for even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness" -Ibn Taymiyyah

Life is so weird. And I'm in a mood. So if I regret writing this later, maybe I'll delete it. But right now, here are my unedited thoughts.

Sometimes I think "treating people the way you want to be treated" is a bunch of crap. I think we should treat people, the way they treat us.If someones nice to you, be nice back.If someone is a jerk, treat them like a jerk.If someone is rude to you, be rude back! It just makes so much more sense to go through life like that. I'm tired of doing the other thing. Where I'm nice, and get treated like dirt. Or when I'm constantly putting myself out there, only to be disappointed by them time and time again. And sure everyone has their own obligations and priorities and what not, so I have no one to blame but myself for hoping. But at the end of the day, when all is said and done, it's still not fair. And I'm kind of tired of it.So I'm just giving up.And I'm just going to change how I get treated by people.And I'm only going to rely on God. inshaAllah. Because this constant feeling that I'm feeling, is making me tired. And it's draining so much from me. And I just cant do it anymore.

So I'm letting go of you.

And you.

And you.