Friday, January 14, 2011

My grandparents are coming to visit me next week, God willing. I am so excited! I love my grandparents. They are going to be staying with me for about a month! Yay! Its going to be so nice coming home every day to someone at my apartment. Not to mention, coming home to an amazing home-cooked meal.

The reason they are coming here is because its cold where they live and its warm here. Unfortunately its been kind of cold here for the last few days, but I hope it warms up by Wednesday (when they come!!!)!!!!! They usually stay at home all day so I kinda want to show them around and show them a fun time.

My sister moved away for school a few years ago. My family and I visit her a lot. Even my brother. But he hasn't visited me. It makes me sad, kind of. I wish he would want to come and visit me. I mean I know I don't live in a cool place like New York or California, but I also don't live somewhere like Kansas or Montana. I also have only been gone for a few months now. But I don't know if he will ever want to visit me. I'm not really an outgoing person, according to my friends!!!!!!!

Anyway. I would love to try and cook that chicken YW made (below) but I don't know what cumin is. I do have some chicken breast so I think I will try and make something? And maybe I'll Google cumin. I will let you know how it goes!!!!

10 comments:

Farnnay said...

El oh el.

Anonymous said...

OMG, how are you desi but you don't know what CUMIN IS!??!?! Cumin is "jeera"...does that sound familiar now? You can find it even in the american supermarket.

have fun with your grandparents!!!! :)

controlled chaos said...

speaking on behalf of Kansas and Montana...who WOULDN'T want to visit us?!!

Chuckle said...

Kansas. hahahaha.

ladytruth said...

It's always nice coming home to some one instead of an empty, creepy apartment/house ... it just makes your day seem worthwhile. Enjoy your grandparents and I'm sure your gran will be able to make that chicken for you! :)

Kate said...

It's a tough thing...visiting. I don't know enough about you and your brother but my sister lives in NJ and we live in MN. She comes to visit at least 3 times each year and often for a month or longer in the summer (she's a teacher as well).

Awhile ago she confided in me that it hurt her feelings that I didn't visit (I haven't been out there for 4 years). I felt horrible. Me not visiting had nothing to do with if I WANTED to visit and I certainly didn't mean to hurt her feelings.

She is has just herself. So her income stretches a little farther than ours does. And I have a husband, a toddler, 2 dogs, and a cat. This does not make for easy traveling. But it really made me think about what message I was sending by not putting forth that effort.

I don't take her visits home for granted anymore and I plan on scraping up money and visiting her soon. Sometimes we just have to tell people how we feel to start the conversation.

On the other point--you are an amazing hostess. Guests for a month--wow. There are very few people I would want in my house for a month!:)

Mrs. Cullen said...

Kate---aww. I hope you can visit her soon. Also, I'm sure she would understand if you told her why you couldn't come to visit as much as you like.

My brother just doesn't care to visit me. And I really hate asking people to visit me. If I didn't, I would ask everyone but I really don't think I'm that important for someone to waste $300 on a ticket for.

Nomadic Cognition said...

aww they're so cute. Now you can get hand fed :) t

EmptyWords said...

aww Im so happy for you... and lol at kansas

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Mine are coming too!