Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mrs. Cullen: The Worried One

Dear Friends,

I’m so freaked out right now. Did you hear that there was ANOTHER earthquake? Yes, another one. SIGH. What the heck is going on???! I’m so freaked out and scared. For many reasons. One reason is that SO MANY PEOPLE ARE DYING. Another is that I live in an area where earthquakes don’t happen (nor are they really possible) and I just feel terrible for all the other people who live in areas where earthquakes are prevalent. Sigh. The main reason I feel so scared/odd right now is because in Islam we believe that there are many things that are signs of the coming of the Day of Judgment/Resurrection. And yes, an increase in earthquakes happens to be one of those signs.

Sigh. I just feel so…I dunno. Its so odd. That I am a 20-some year old and a lot of the “signs” we believe in have already occurred or is occurring. It’s just scary. And it just makes everything so REAL. Does that make sense?

Blah. I really don’t know what else to say. I can’t explain how I feel right now. I mean..whether I am alive before the Day, or not..it just seems so…real. But I guess I should tell you guys some of the signs of the DOJ….Blah.

It is reported that the Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings be upon him) spoke of a variety of signs. These include..

-People will compete with one another in constructing high buildings
-Two big groups will fight one another and there will be many causalities –they will both be following the same religious teachings
-Earthquakes will increase
-Time will pass quickly
-Afflictions and killing will increase
-When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother and treats his friends kindly whilst shunning his father
-Knowledge will decrease and ignorance will prevail
-When people treat a man with respect because they fear some evil he may do
-Fornication and the drinking of wine will be common
-The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase, until one man will look after fifty women.

I bet we can all think of examples of many of these things and alas, there are many, many more signs. Sigh. If you want you can read this.

Sigh. I just..I dunno..

But as scary/odd/interesting?/blah as this all is, I'm kinda glad that some of the signs have not yet occurred and praying that they don't occur doing my lifetime. For example, another sign is that the Qur'an will disappear in one night from the books and from everyone's hearts. That just worries and scares me. It saddens me to know that there will be a point in this world that this will occur...Sigh.

Yours for the Sake of Peace and Sisterhood,
Mrs. Cullen

13 comments:

controlled chaos said...

Um yo
Regardless, we have A LONG TIME until the DOJ. You won't even be alive!!
so stop freaking out!
c'mon

controlled chaos said...

And signs have been occurring since the the time of Prophet Muhammad (s).

It just means its getting closer. That's all. But that would be true regardless.

Mrs. Cullen said...

THIS IS LIKE........2012!

Mrs. Cullen said...

WDYHM?

Mrs. Cullen said...

I freak out about everything.

Farnnay said...

CC is right, it wont happen in our lifetime but it is def coming closer.

And it's ok, I worry about everything too.

Misstarii said...

It is scary I keep on thinking the 'end times' are here. I keep telling God that i hope it won't find me...but then again, we never know the day or hour..
We pray for the ones in pain and experiencing all these earthquakes.

Misstarii said...

Don't freak out, hold on to faith.

Little T said...

I passed a church today with a sign that said "can faith and doubt coexist?" I think I saw that so I could pass it along here. I am scared too but I believe in the good in the world and I choose to concentrate on that.

Anonymous said...

I am very worried too BUT like everyone's saying, we don't have to worry much! Remember that Prophet Isa (Jesus), peace and blessings upon him, is going to come back to restore peace and justice on Earth as well insha'Allah!

<3

Chuckle said...

i understand that everyone thinks it's not going to be in our lifetime. and yeah i hope that's true.

but...
what if we're the people that get struck with the next eartquake, tsunami, or astroid? i mean what if something wipes out america? what then? that would be like a coming of the day itself.

Margie said...

Don't worry!
Smile and enjoy your day!

Margie :)

Artistic Logic said...

it is scary and i've been doing some of the same thinking as well