Thursday, February 17, 2011

Over the (mole) Hill.

I haven’t been blogging lately because I have nothing to blog about. I do have quite a few posts in mind, but lately I’ve been lazy.

Too lazy to type. Too lazy to think. Good thing my body breathes for me or else I might have been too lazy to do that. Isn’t it sad that I’m too lazy to type? I mean, could I get any lazier? I guess I could get those things that type for you. I forgot what they’re called. But you speak into a microphone and the computer does all the typing. My dad got that yearrrrrs ago. But he got frustrated with it since it didn’t work too well. Maybe it was the accent? hah.  But his isn’t so bad.

So I am over the hill (25) and I feel kind of old, physically. My joints are giving way. I can’t work out anymore. Doing the work out video is killing my knees and my ankle joints so I’m sticking to running every other day. I’ve always had ish with my knees. Growing pains, they said. Haha. Is there such thing??

You know what I did? I did something dumb. I made a promise to God if I passed my exam I would fast for a month. Then I passed. And I was happy. And then I was like, “o crap”. So while the days are shorter I’m trying to do as many as I can. A month is a lot. I should be used to fasting since Muslims fast in Ramadan anyways, but it’s a whole different experience. I feel like God has mercy on us or something because the time FLIES by and I don’t realize I’m fasting.

I went through a vanity crisis, which could have been associated with my quarter-life crisis. Months before my birthday I realized I was turning a QUARTER OF A CENTURY old. I got sad. Then I noticed I had dark circles under my eyes. I didn’t want to use chemical junk on my skin nor did I want to conceal the circles, since I don’t wear makeup on a daily basis. I wanted them gone. I was getting sufficient sleep so I had no idea why they were there. So I stuck tea bags on my eyes. And cucumbers. and I put some vitamin cream on the area to strengthen the capillaries and skin. And then they were gone. I heard water is good to prevent these circle. But if it runs in your family, you might have a harder time with them.

Alhamdulillah I have very low maintenance skin. I don’t even use soap. So when I get a stubborn pimple or anything that doesn’t go away in 4 hours I go crazy. But my reaction was escalated due to the fact that I realized I was getting older. If people asked me how old I was I would say 24, but think 25 in my head. And then I became a quarter of a century old. And then. nothing.

It’s not so bad. I’m glad I’m old. No drama.  <3

This is a random random post. But that’s how my mind goes. And I type how I think and I can’t help it. Peace. <3

5 comments:

controlled chaos said...

they always told me that my leg pains were growing pains.

i wonder if that even exists.

C said...

Asalaamu Alaikum

25 hah! So not old! You don't even have kids right? You are probably as fresh as a daisy. At 25 I had 3 kids. Read this post in a decade or two and you will laugh your head off. You are still young! Take advantage of your youth before old age. For the poster above me I read that growing pains are caused by lack of calcium..something to look into.

Nomadic Cognition said...

CC you are definitely not growing anymore...

Sana said...

c - lack of calcium doesn't explain my growing pains. I have been drinking milk all my life and love it. I know I'm young, but it's like what have I been doing for the past 10 years!? lol

Youthful Wisdom - lol. I stopped when I was like 12.

Farnnay said...

I'm lazy too.

I cant get out of this rut.