Sunday, June 13, 2010


I was just reading this article on what women thought were the sexiest accents in English. By far the consensus holds that the British accent is the best thing to have ever happened to the female libido- mind you, this is just the findings of this one article, but- in my limited experience I have found that most of my female friends are extremely attracted to the British accent- regardless of what the actual man looked like. Since living in Dubai, surrounded by British expats, the accent doesn't hold the same appeal for me. Which brings up an interesting point, after time and continuous exposure to someone's accent, do we back away from the initial attraction or is it something that is sustainable? Like for example, if an American woman met and married a British man- for various reasons, including his accent, over the long term would that accent which was a turn-on in the beginning become a turn-off? Whatever the whole point of this post was to kind of see what our readers liked- so ladies (and men I guess), what is the most attractive accent in English for you?

FYI: for me it's Italian ;)
AND, painting can be found at this lovely site: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=11#/d2l2cai

Eat, Pray, and Love your way through today!

13 comments:

Heckety said...

Sorry to say but I just cannot see the attraction of British accents- just can't!
How about Antonio Banderas....would it be his accent or him???????

Farnnay said...

For me it is british but also some Latin/Spanish accents. Depending on the circumstance. But I would assume one would still like /love the accent no matter how much they hear it

CC said...

IRISHHHHHHHh

Well not all types of Irish. Some types of them

Sana said...

I don't think I was ever drawn to an accent. They're nice and everything but I don't have a specific one that makes me swoon.

Mark said...

I would have to agree the most attractive for me is Italian and the least attractive is German or American Redneck slang.

pilgrimchick said...

I think tone of voice is more telling than accents.

Anonymous said...

I believe that you forget the accent after a while of knowing someone, I am British myself and married a Canadia. Although I didn't marry him on his accent alone it was nice to hear, but now I don't even hear it but it hasn't changed how I feel about my husband.

PI said...

i'm like falling up.. (i know what accent turns me OFF though- stereotype indian LOL.. think like apu from simpsons)

italians... the accent kinda reminds me of middle eastern accent. it ranges too, some guys here sound hot and some sound terrible when speaking english. i guess that could be said of all people - some know how to use their voice/accent/style and some fail.

and i would'nt say im attracted to scots, but the scottish accent is totally my favorite. it makes me happy

Muslim Girl said...

Well I think there's something wrong with me then because I honestly cannot STAND British accents... or any accents actually. My fav is Canadian/American accent.. just REGULAR.

I don't know I just feel like when someone is talking in a different way, it sort of takes away from the conversation.

MaryAnne said...

Scottish, and no I don't ever think it'd be a turn off!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
supreem said...

I don't know... think about like... our boater parents... would someone find that as a 'turn on'... I'm more visual than auditory ;)