Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Everything's Going to Be All Right!

I've had a trying couple of days and a very VERY traumatic day today. Thank God no one is hurt but there are a bunch of other issues that we need to solve. Ugh! Anyways, I wanted to write out a post but I am too tired and shook up. I've been meaning to post about this for quite some time but I think I'll just post this for now..in case anyone reading this is going through stressful times like me.

So verily, with the hardship, there is relief. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief . {Qur'an 94:5-6} God mentions this twice. He doesn't make promises He won't keep. And He stressed this twice in a row. So no matter how bad things seem, remember this: everything's going to be all right.

God does not burden any person with more than he can bear.{Qur'an 2:286}. If He put you through it, He will pull you through it.

"Seek help in steadfastness and prayer. But that is a very hard thing, except for the humble." {Qur'an 2:45}. Indeed. We need to constantly remind ourselves to remember God in these times and that He WILL helps us. All we have to do is ask.

“Wondrous are the believer’s affairs. For him there is good in all his affairs, and this is so only for the believer. When something pleasing happens to him, he is grateful, and that is good for him; and when something displeasing happens to him, he is patient, and that is good for him” (Muslim). We have to turn to God for everything. In good times be grateful. In hard times be patient and Remember God.

I went to a Islamic camp thing a few years ago and one of the scholars mentioned that God tests the ones He loves. And you are tested for mainly three things
  1. To be elevated in His eyes
  2. To become stronger
  3. For expiation of your sins
Anyways, I'm going to go now before my computer dies again. Looking up this stuff made me feel better. I hope these verses of the Qur'an and Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him helped you, too.

1 comment:

Farnnay said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I really really needed to be reminded of it :)