Monday, November 16, 2009

Mrs. Cullen: The Wise One

Dear Friends,

I look like a balloon right now. My face is all swollen up and it aint pretty. Thank you everyone for your concern about my mom. She reached safely to New York and she just came back home tonight=) The first thing she did was laugh out loud when she saw my swollen face. Sigh. And my grandma laughed too. My grandpa didn't. He just immediately started naming people that he thought I looked like. FML. Anyway, I went to the bank today and as soon as I took a look at the little boy that was there with his dad, he started to cry and came running to his dad. I'm serious. It was because of my face. Everyone was staring at me. Even my T.A. (Teacher's Assistant) was laughing at me, when he was talking to me. I told him, "Thanks for laughing at me." And he said, "I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you." But I wasn't laughing. I wast just sitting there and staring at him. And looking like a balloon.

Ok. Why is my face all swelled up? Cuz I got in a fight. I know, I know. So unlike me. Well kinda. But its true. I was walking at school, minding my own business when this girl got in my face. She was all like, "Gurl, why you be tryina get wit my man?" And I was all like, "Huh, what you talkin about woman?" And she was like, "Gurl you know what I'm talkin' bout!" And I was like, "No I don't! I was mindin' my own business and you came all up in my face!" And shes like, "I saw you talkin' to him and I read your text messages to him. Girl, you betta stay away cuz he my baby daddy!!!" And I was like, "I aint stayin away. I love him. He treat me like a Queen!" And then she punched me and then I punched her back.

Ok. Um. Just kidding. Nothing like that happened. Nor did I take anyones man or anything. (Because thats not allowed in Islam. Oh. Not that I would take someones man away.) Anyway. I got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday morning. I got three removed because I already had the last one removed two years ago. Anyway. One side of my face looks normal. But its not. It is also swollen. You just can't tell because the other side is OH SO BAD. So you think this side is normal. Sigh. The more swollen side looks like I stuck an egg on the left side of my mouth. FML. Somebody thought there was gauze in there and thats why it looked so big. Sigh. No. Thats just my face.

Anyway. Even though I have gotten one of my wisdom teeth removed before, I will still so nervous. I was shaking and in so much pain when the dentist was giving me shots to numb me up. He gave me like a zillion shots. The assistant let me squeeze her hand. Haha. And I did. I'm so lame. Anyway. After the shots he went to take out someone else's teeth, while my face numbed up. I was shaking oh so much. Then finally, it was my turn. The first two teeth came out in like a second! It didn't even hurt when he removed them. I just felt some pressure. At one point the dentist asked what the problem was. And thats when I realized I was making awkward painful/moaning noises, for no reason. Because it didn't even hurt. I felt so stupid. So, I stopped. But the last tooth took some time. First he tried to take it out just like he took out the other two. That didn't work. Then he used some sharpy thing and there was a lot of blood. Then he used this wrench like thing. Then he used this plyer. Omg. That scared me. Finally he got it out. Half of it. Then he took out the rest. Then he stitched me up. All done.

Sigh. Anyway, it was the most painful thing ever. Sigh. Don't ever do it. The bleeding is supposed to stop in 3-4 hours but mine didn't stop for 24 hours. Last night, I didn't sleep. I kept waking up to myself choking on my blood. It was terrible. And I felt like a vampire. And the diet is terrible. I've only been eating pudding, soup and yogurt. I WANT CHICKEN AND RICE AND REAL FOOD. On top of that I wasn't even prescribed Vicodin. Only Tylenol 3. FML. Anyway. It has been quite an awful 36 hours. I just hope it gets better. Please pray that it does. Thanks. Anyway, this is something my friend just sent me and it made me happy. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “No fatigue, nor disease, nor anxiety, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that.”

Yours for the sake of Peace and Brotherhood,
Mrs. Cullen

18 comments:

controlled chaos said...

You were joking on your blood or choking on it?

hAHA

EmptyWords said...

LOl... baby daddyy... get better girlll... =) i love that last quote btw

Sana said...

I got my wisdom teath pulled out. But I was also knocked out so I don't remember anything except waking up and crying hysterically for a long time.

Did you look fatter than Fat Monica {friends}? I did.

thenerdqueen said...

Atch. Wisdom teeth.

When I got mine pulled out, I was knocked out. Our dentist recommended that I put teabags on the molars to help stop the bleeding. The thing that i remember most about the whole experience was the taste of bitter tea and blood oozing from the back of my mouth. Not fun. I hope your experience turns out better than mine!

Sana said...

oh yeah and vicodin made me throw up so much and reopen the wound so many times.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

feel better ok,Sarah

Farnnay said...

hahaha. ily

it didnt look THAT funny.

cutie

Misstarii said...

Feel better , i can only imagine the pain!

Mark said...

I am sure it will get better. It was painful just to read. Hang in there, I am sure you will be back to normal in no time. Peace and love be with you.

Heckety said...

You poor thing! That happened my sister in law and she called herself 'the chipmunk' for a week at work, but it was really painful for her. I hope it goes away soon, the swelling, not your face, you kinda need that...

Little T said...

Feel better soon! I love the fauz ghetto fight you made up. That was juicy!

Mrs. Cullen said...

Thank you everyone! I feel a little better and the swelling is going down..a little=)

controlled chaos said...

man...you're a funny idiot.

i lovehe youhe!

Margie said...

Oh my, you are funny!
I needed that laugh today!

But wisdom teeth being removed can cause much pain ... I hope so much you are feeling some better!

I have to take a break from blogging and shall miss visiting here as I so enjoy all the great posts!
Till I return take very good care and be well.

Blessings!

Margie:)

Artistic Logic said...

thats so scary =(
hope you are better now inshallah

Nomadic Cognition said...

Hehe the fight was hysterical :)

Hope you're feeling better inshaAllah!

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

jajajajaja that was so funny about the baby daddy!!! I've heard actual ppl say that..... so sad.

Anyway, I had mine removed [all 4] at 12 and THANK GOD I didn't blew up... whewww

Anonymous said...

Oh god I'm so sorry about your Wisdom Teeth. That sounds awful...
On the other hand, you bein like "why you gotta be all takin ma man he ma baby daddy" was pretty hilarious.