Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oranges on the Streets of Jerusalem

I miss walking up and down the old alleyways of Jerusalem. In a land so torn somehow the old gated city brought such a sense of peace and happiness to my heart. I suppose it was the small things that really made my experience amazing.

Watching little kids play around the Al-Aqsa Mosque. Eating fresh date bread off the streets. Buying pounds after pounds of sweet gummies before Friday prayer. Talking to a local shop owner about his family. Drinking fresh orange juice on a hot sunny afternoon.



I was blessed to be able to go to Palestine a second time this summer Alhumdulillah (All thanks to God). I pray that peace comes back to the land in which once upon a time all peoples lived harmoniously. Ameen.

*Yes, I took this picture myself :)

8 comments:

Misstarii said...

Wow!this is truly an inspiration! Its truly about the little things. Pray for peace there too!

MarjnHomer said...

inshallah Palestine and Israel will one day live in peace w/o all the weird demands that Israel wants and they are fair. Israel wants a Palestine not to have a miliary, why, anyways. lovely images. seems like a warm summer day. missing summer already

Farnnay said...

I love the smell of oranges.

Artistic Logic said...

beautiful

Mark said...

Great picture and lovely thoughts, thanks for sharing!

brad said...

I'm hopeful for peace, too.

And for fresh orange juice.

EmptyWords said...

great things come in small packages

Nomadic Cognition said...

Tricia- it is truly the little things that make us happier people!
MarjnHomer- one day, inshaAllah.
CA- me tooo
AL- I'm flattered
Mark- thanks for reading!
f.B.- fresh orange juice is always good .. so long as its from good oranges :)
EmptyWords- so true