After writing a couple posts and following the unease in the middle east like a psycho, I felt like the news was exploding and I couldn't take it anymore. I stopped checking twitter, I stopped checking CNN or BBC or Al-jazeera. My mind felt like it was spinning and I just couldn't take any of it. I was done.
I couldn't give a crap about the Oscars or any award show. So what do I do when I just drop everything and I badly need a nice distraction?
1. I go look for my cat. We had a nice conversation about my future as a crazy cat lady. Then we argued over whether I should stop using bubbles to play with her, she doesn't seem to care that I think too much of those soapy spheres might make her sick
2. I try and figure out why I suck at controlling my remote control car. I actually sat there telling myself, "If I push the right button, the car will move to its Right...which is THAT side, and not THIS side"
3. I stare at my face in the mirror. GOD WHY ISN'T THERE SOME MIRACLE CREAM TO TAKE CARE OF MY SKIN?! WHY? Apple REALLY needs to start researching into a skin line.
4. Then I stare at my eyes...WOW they've managed to get smaller and smaller, and darker and darker...OMG I have wrinkles!! NooooooOOOOO................ooo!
5. I ponder about all the things I should do when I quit medical school. "I COULD become a teacher....but the kids will probably run all over me or give me the title of the B$%^# teacher...sigh.. I COULD become a .......nah that's all I got. Double sigh.
6. I wonder if I should start studying. Then when I do, I wonder if I should go back to number 5.
7. I go back to starting at my face in the mirror. Then my Hair. Then imagine myself getting into exercise and becoming healthy and cool.
8. I question whether all my friends hate me. Then I wonder about why I'm wondering about that. Then I think about how humans are so silly. Haha.. Silly humans!
9. I make a mental list of how Cereal is similar to Drugs, while I eat my Cocoa Puffs/ Frosted Flakes/Cinna buns/Cookie Crisp/Smacks/any other sugar infested highly addictive cereal.
10. I imagine a life, where my cat loves me SO much and always like snuggling with me and being pet and always listens to me. Then I tell my cat about my dream. Then I watch her blink at me and tell me that I'm an idiot.
11. I refresh yahoo.com, and see if they have any featured articles that I haven't checked out since the last time I refreshed which was like two minutes ago.
12. Finally, I wonder if I should just go back to bed and just start the day over again. Which I'm sure is partially the reason I'm gaining weight.