ABC's 20/20, the news broadcaster, took the initiative and did a special on Islam and Muslims in America. An assorted group of Muslims, men, women, children, from just about everywhere answered questions posed from thousands of viewers worldwide, such as:
- What is Islam?
- Are Muslim women oppressed?
- What does the Qu'ran really say about violence against non-believers?
- Does Islam condone violence?
- Is there such a thing as a moderate Muslim?
- Where are all of the moderate Muslims?
- Why aren't more Muslims speaking out against acts of hate?
If you didn't catch it last night, no worries, because you can catch it here:
(click on the picture to view the episode)
Obviously they weren't able to answer all the questions that were posed, in such a short period of time, as one hour. So from my understanding, they are planning to do another special of Islam: Questions and Answers.
Although, in my personal opinion, this should have been done years ago, kudos, again, to 20/20 for taking this course of action and trying to build bridges between the Muslims and non-Muslims in America. And hopefully the rest of the world.