Because you know, the tooth fairy really does exist and everything.
According to my 2010 incoming class of first graders, the tooth fairy does numerous things for us:
- The tooth fairy gives the teeth she collects to Santa. Santa, in turn, takes those teeth and makes them into toys. And come December, Santa and the tooth fairy hop on some reindeer and deliver them to kids.
- The tooth fairy takes the teeth and makes a castle for herself. ( Well that's kinda selfish of her, dont you think?)
- The tooth fairy is really a tooth witch and she eats the teeth like one would eat an apple (They got this idea because we are currently reading a book about a first grader who believes that)
- She gives old teeth to people who have lost their teeth.
- She turns it into jewelry for Mom.
- Uhhhh, where do you think toothpaste comes from???DUH!
- She is really not a she. But in fact a he. (That doesnt really answer the question. Just thought I would throw it in there though because it shows that they don't automatically think of the stereotypical gender role of a tooth fairy)
Soooo now, I ask of you, what is the million dollar answer?