Monday, November 19, 2012

Muffin Top

You know how I got pumped up a few weeks ago and decided to work towards a healthier lifestyle?

Complete. Fail.

Well, not completely. I was good for a few weeks. But I have completely stopped everything and have been doing the exact opposite of what I was supposed to do. Stress makes me do crazy things. And makes me gain weight and eat more red velvet cake complete with cream cheese frosting, resulting in more weight gain. It's a vicious cycle and I'm the only one suffering. I now have a certified muffin top. In case you're not familiar with the term, a muffin top is when one's abdominal fat hangs over one's jeans. Either because there is too much fat or the jeans are too tight. People who aren't fat can also have a muffin top if their jeans are too small for them.








The only reason why I did stop was because I became stressed and felt that I had to dedicate all my time towards academia. Within a few days I felt to unhealthy and sad. I felt like a muddy, gray colored blob. That's a pretty weird yet accurate description of my feelings regards to my health. When I run it makes me feel good. I feel too heathy and happy to eat heavy, high calorie foods. I'm ready to start feeling like that again. It's time to dust myself off and try again. Third times a charm. It'll be the Same routine, since I was able to stick to it for so long without falling apart. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Shaza's Scrapbook said...

Totally know what you mean. I've gained 7 pounds and a few handful of rolls since getting married this summer! Everytime I say I'll start being healthier from "X" day, I end up over eating until the X day... by then I've eaten so much that I feel crappy and eat more since I feel fat anyway. Haha. I'm on a healthy kick again - this time, hopefully it's real. I have a short term goal (be back to pre-wedding weight by mid-Jan)... maybe it'll work if you do the same!

~ Shaza ~